Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is experiencing rapid growth?
HunterNet Group Training Limited (HNGT) is a Registered Group Training Organisation that engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers to achieve high quality outcomes through a partnership approach. It is committed to building a high performing and sustainable organisation to deliver outcomes for its clients through trust, innovation and responsibility.
About the role
The Workforce Development Officer contributes to the achievement of the organisation’s strategic objectives. This is achieved through being responsible for the delivery of the group training programs and services, mentoring, supporting and managing apprentices and trainees, developing new business, and managing relationships with host employers, Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), TAFE and schools.
You will be passionate about relationship development and generating repeat business with current clients as well as creating new opportunities. You will be a savvy networker who is across industry trends and market intelligence. You will be a mentor, coach and leader to the apprentices and trainees, so your ability to offer guidance and support is key to their success. You hold safety as a priority to you and the apprentices and trainees. You will have highly developed interpersonal communication skills, which will be key to proactively managing relationships. You will be willing to travel on occasions interstate for work.
Your responsibilities will include:
Generating repeat business with host employer’s, particularly when a current apprentice or trainee completes a qualification or leaves employer.
Maintaining regular contact with current and potential host employers to proactively anticipate upcoming opportunities and generate new leads and opportunities.
Provide guidance, support, feedback, and mentorship to all apprentices and trainees throughout their placement and maintain positive and proactive relationships with host employers and RTOs, ensuring that the training contract needs are met.
Maintain regular and consistent communication with all apprentices and trainees and their host company on personal and professional matters, ensuring that HunterNet Group Training (HNGT) and government regulatory guidelines are met.
Attend industry events, with the focus to promote HNGT and build industry profile (both personal profile and HNGT’s) and maintain strong relationships with the schools, TAFE, industry bodies, RTO’s etc.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a professional environment, including working closely with a small team. Experience in human resources management would be beneficial
- Broad knowledge of standard business software, including capability and experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Current Class 1A NSW Driver Licence (can be a provisional licence) and own vehicle.
- Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- Understanding of core business policies and practices, including Work Health & Safety (WHS), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Bullying and Harassment.
- Demonstrated experience in the VET industry
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Trade qualification
- Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your resume and cover letter and be considered for this opportunity immediately.