HunterNet Group Training Company in partnership with Metroll Newcastle are seeking a dedicated individual to join their team as a Sheet Metal - Light Fabrication Apprentice in Warners Bay.
Working with our host company Metroll, we are looking for a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade MEM30305. The successful applicant will complete this apprenticeship over 4 years while gaining on-the-job experience.
Metroll is a leading Hunter manufacturer and distributor of metal and fibreglass roofing and cladding, guttering, flashings, fasteners, fencing, translucent sheeting, purlins and girts and rainwater products.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in fabrication and installation of sheet metal
- Learning to utilise specialist trade equipment, including Shears, Rollers, Folders and Welders
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Assist in specialist fabrication using sheet metal material in the construction industry for roof plumbing and fencing components
- Always follow and apply all safe working procedures and practices including the completion of all required safety documentation
- Report all matters and issues to Management in a timely manner
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Commitment to attending and completing all requirements of TAFE
- Good Mathematical Aptitude
- Sound verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Abide by safety requirements in the workshop
- Work experience in Metal Fabrication industry
- Studied Metals and Engineering at school
- Forklift licence
To make an application for the position please send a cover letter and resume. This position is subject to a medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Please be aware this is an entry-level position and not suitable to someone who has completed a qualification equal to or higher than a Certificate III in Engineering.
HunterNet Group Training Company engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of Hunter based employers, with the aim of achieving high-quality outcomes through a partnership approach.