HunterNet Group Training and BAE Systems are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a 1st Year Aeroskills Apprentice specialising in Structures.
This position commences in 2022.
BAE Systems is an internationally recognised Defence and Security company. BAE Systems Australia has a long-standing relationship with the Australian Defence Force and, design, manufacture, upgrade, and support combat and trainer aircraft for customers around the world.
The position will allow the successful applicant to complete a Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Structures) while learning on-job-skills at a reputable company. Apprentices will be expected to travel to TAFE New England, Tamworth, to complete theory training on a scheduled basis, when not at TAFE, Apprentices will be consolidating skills at BAE Williamtown. Accommodation and meals are provided while in Tamworth.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include;
- Fabricate and repair aircraft control surfaces and aircraft structures
- Install aircraft structural components
- Disassemble and re-assemble aircraft structurally to enable maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft and/or aeronautical product
- Inspect and assess aircraft structures and control surfaces for serviceability in accordance with approved maintenance data
Successful candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Current Driver's License & reliable vehicle
- Good attitude & assertive behaviour
- Attention to detail & ability to take direction
- Higher School Certificate desirable
- Show Genuine interest in the trade
- Good Maths & English essential
To make an application for the position please send through a cover letter addressing the above criteria and an up-to-date resume. This position is subject to a medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Please be aware this is an entry level position and not suitable to someone who has completed a qualification equal to or higher than a certificate IV.
This is a highly competitive position; only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.