HunterNet Group Training are seeking dedicated individuals to join our host company in Tomago as Apprentice Boilermakers.
Our host company provides engineering services to the manufacturing, mining and heavy industry sectors across Australia and internationally for over 50 years, with 3 generations of the family involved in all aspects of the business.
Working with our host company, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who are interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade. The successful applicants will complete the apprenticeship over 4 years while gaining on-the-job experience with an industry leading company.
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Check parts for accuracy and are correctly set up before welding
- Deliver the highest quality of the products you are producing
- Assemble parts and structures
- Manipulate metal to fabricate parts
- Perform various welding techniques
- Ensure any defects are rectified before passing to the next stage of production
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Where trained use forklifts or cranes for moving parts
- Identify and eliminate potential work hazards
- Keep machinery and equipment well maintained
- Assist and participate in safety procedures
- Co-operate with workplace injury and return to work programs
- Follow company policies and procedures, including wearing PPE and reporting incidents
- Participate in TAFE and maintain a high standard of work
- Complete any other tasks or activities as requested by management
What we’re looking for:
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes ownership, accountably and responsibility
- Strict adherence to all WHS policies and procedures
- Commitment to the full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements
- Drivers licence and reliable transport
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
- Completion of a pre-apprenticeship course
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to a medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.