HunterNet Group Training in partnership with our host company are seeking a dedicated individual to join the team in Cardiff as an Apprentice Machinist. This position will commence in January 2022.
Working with our host company, who are a market leader in CNC machining and service a diverse range of industries from transport, mining and defence. We are looking for a hardworking individual with strong work ethic who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade. The successful applicant will complete this apprenticeship over four years while gaining on-the-job experience with an industry leading company.
As an apprentice your main duties will include:
- General machining of parts and equipment as required
- Assembly and fitting of equipment as required
- Working to quality guidelines and carry out inspections
- Ensure job sheets are signed off and work is found to be satisfactory
- Ensure defective equipment and machinery is reported and where necessary immediately cease use
- Develop personal skills and competency by attending and participating in arranged training programs
- Report instances of product or process noncompliance and other opportunities for improvement so that corrective or preventative action can be taken
- Ensures housekeeping is of a high standard
- Adheres to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures
- Carry out any other suitable duties deemed necessary by management
- Complete all competencies at TAFE
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for the trade
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional commitment to workplace safety
- Drivers licence and reliable transport
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.