HunterNet Group Training in partnership with our host company are seeking a dedicated individual to join the team in Carrington as an Apprentice Fitter.
Our host company is one of the largest independent fluid power solution providers in Australia. They are a one-source provider, supplying high-quality hydraulic, pneumatic, filtration, lubrication and electronic products.
We are looking for a hardworking individual with strong work ethic who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade. The successful applicant will complete this apprenticeship over four years while gaining on-the-job experience with an industry leading company.
As an apprentice your main duties will include:
- Maintenance and machining of Hydraulic components
- Support the workshop fitters
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and display safe practices when using hand tools, lathe equipment, welding, cutting and using other workshop equipment such as grinders and hoists
- Carry out a variety of manual tasks
- Participate in ongoing training and self-development to achieve continuous improvement for yourself, including the completion of trade qualification
- Adhere to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures
- Carry out any other suitable duties deemed necessary by management
- Complete all competencies at TAFE
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for the trade
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional commitment to workplace safety
- Drivers licence and reliable transport
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.