HunterNet Group Training in partnership with our host company are seeking a dedicated individual to join the team in Rutherford as an Industrial Spray Painting and Blasting Trainee. This position will commence ASAP.
Our host company is a leading Australian Specialist Manufacturer and Supplier of Mild Steel Cement Lined Pipes and Fittings and offers surface treatment coating systems to suit client’s needs.
We are looking for a hardworking individual with strong work ethic who is interested in industrial painting. The successful applicant will undertake this traineeship over three years while gaining on-the-job experience with an industry leading company and complete a Certificate III in Surface Preparation and Coating Application.
As a trainee your main duties will include the following:
- Spray painting application of surface treatment systems:
- Application of paint systems
- Mixing paints to correct consistency
- Cleaning of spray-painting equipment
- Application of heat shrink sleeves
- Minimising waste
- Complete QA Check sheets as required
- Fusionkote application:
- Filling and cleaning Fusionkote bath
- Stripping ends
- Cleaning Fusionkote work area
- Cleaning out of air lines and chamber
- Cleaning out hopper when required
- Operating Wheelabrator
- Regular maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Packing of finished product ready for dispatch, ensuring items are clean and presented as per company standard
- Ensuring workshop is kept clean
- Adhering to company policies and undertakes safe working practices and procedures
- Carrying out any other suitable duties deemed necessary by management
- Completing all competencies at TAFE
What we’re looking for:
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional commitment to workplace safety
- Drivers Licence and reliable transport
- A Forklift Licence is not a requirement but would be highly regarded
To make application for the position please send through a cover letter and resume.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Due the high volume of applications we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
HunterNet Group Training Limited engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high quality outcomes through a partnership approach.