HunterNet Group Training in partnership with our host company are seeking dedicated individuals to join the team in Warners Bay as Engineering Trainees.
Working with our host company, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who is interested in completing a Certificate II in Engineering Production Technology. The successful applicants will complete this traineeship over 12-months while gaining on the job experience.
Who should apply?
This position would suit a school leaver or someone seeking to work towards a career in the manufacturing industry.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate machinery to manufacture products in line with specifications and standards whilst following the production schedule
- Ensure that machinery is utilised efficiently by following the relevant manufacturing instructions
- Ensure that products are continuously inspected by means of quality control throughout the manufacturing process to maintain required quality standards
- Ensure that product is packaged by following relevant packaging instructions as written in the work instructions
- Use lifting equipment including forklifts
- Maneuver vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- Ensure loads are correctly placed and secured to avoid damage to truck or goods
- Perform required prestart checks on vehicles/plant and report any defects/faults
- Drive vehicles to their destination and unload/load products
- Carry out basic vehicle maintenance including purchasing fuel and oil as required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Commitment to attending and completing all requirements of TAFE
What we’re looking for:
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Work safely with industrial chemicals/materials
- Ability to measure quickly (using ruler and tape measure) and cut sheets to required sizes
- Follow all WHS policies and procedures
- Drivers Licence and reliable transport
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster
- Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Forklift licence
To make an application for the position please send a cover letter and resume. This position is subject to a medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Please be aware this is an entry-level position and not suitable to someone who has completed a qualification equal to or higher than a Certificate II in Engineering.
HunterNet Group Training engages apprentices and trainees on behalf of employers, with the aim of achieving high-quality outcomes through a partnership approach.