3rd Year Fitter Machinist Apprentice
HunterNet Group Training and JAC Pump Services are seeking a 3rd-year fitter machinist apprentice to start at Tomago immediately.
This position will allow an apprentice fitter to complete their trade while working at a facility specialising in machining and light fabrication. The role is a permanent position based at Tomago but will require both local and overnight site works.
- Completed 1st and 2nd year of Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical and able to provide transcripts
- Able to demonstrate fitting skills during an interview or during a trial period
- Experience working in a small to medium sized workshop environment
- Experience with accurate manual machining of work on both lathes and mills
- Experience and competencies in light fabrication work including pipework and pump bases
- Drivers license and own transport
- Physically fit and able to work in challenging environments
- Current white card
- Solid Computer and literacy skills
- Forklift license
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small close-knit team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willing to work overtime and on weekends when required
- Able to start as soon as possible
- MR drivers license
- Experience in the water and wastewater industries
- Confined space accreditation
- Experience operating truck mounted cranes
To make an application for the position please send through a cover letter, resume and a copy of your training transcripts. Only candidates who can provide transcripts will be selected for an interview.
This position is subject to a medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.